Monday, December 23, 2019

Every Day

Every day I wake up to the knowledge that I live in a community that depends on my contributions to its wants and needs and contributes to mine in return with the expectation that doing so is serving a larger good that includes growth and longevity.

Every day I wake up to the knowledge that I live in a nation managed by a raving lunatic who thinks he's a king and is supported by more than a third of people who would sacrifice the nation and the world to make that delusion a reality.

Every day I wake up to the knowledge that I live in a world whose vital systems are being dismantled and consumed along with the life they support for the short-term benefit of my species that is on the verge of killing itself in the process.

Every day I wake up to the knowledge that the expectations of the past cannot be met by the reality their pursuit has created and that new expectations and goals are required for everyone alive and who is yet to born so we can all wake up to a better reality.


No comments:

Post a Comment